Support as your Voice for Real Estate
The Southern Adirondack REALTORS® serves it’s members throughout the region who are building communities where they work, strengthening neighborhoods where they live, and ensuring economic vitality for the region by advocating to help your consumers reach the American Dream of home ownership and protect property owners rights. SAR has the ability to utilize Local, State and National Association support to mobilize members and address legislation that has an immediate or future impact on home ownership and the real estate industry. Our goals include keeping our members informed industry professionals.
The SAR Government & Legislative Affairs Committee
This volunteer committee is comprised of REALTOR® members and Affiliate business members who focus on helping our members, local non-profits, governments and our community leaders with local legislative concerns arising in their communities that effect REALTOR® members and home ownership. SAR has the ability to utilize Local, State and National Association support to mobilize members and address legislation that has an immediate or future impact on home ownership and the real estate industry and help you stay an informed.
Some more recent examples of this committee's activities include:
- Conducting SmartGrowth surveys in local communities
- Assisting local governments with developing regulations that effect property ownership, septic system inspections and short term rentals.
- Providing Economic and Housing Statistical reports to local government departments and officials to assist in municipal strategic planning
- Coordinating focus groups and work groups to assist town planners and other town officials and departments with consumer education, surveys and member outreach.
- Hosting candidate forums to discuss real property issues, community stabilization and SmartGrowth initiatives
- Meeting with local and state officials to advocate on behalf of property owners and the real estate industry
- Ensuring that "calls for action" at the state and national level are transmitted to REALTOR® members for their actionable support
We are the REALTOR® Party
The REALTOR® Party is a powerful alliance of REALTORS® and REALTOR® Associations working to protect and promote homeownership and property investment. The REALTOR® Party is not affiliated or linked to any one political party. The REALTOR® Party speaks with one voice to advance candidates and public policies that build strong communities and promote a vibrant business environment.
Now more than ever, it is critical for REALTORS® across America to come together and speak with one voice about the stability a sound and dynamic real estate market brings to our communities. From city hall to the state house to the U.S. Capitol, our elected officials are making decisions that have a huge impact on the bottom line of REALTORS® and their customers. Through the support of REALTORS® like you, the REALTOR® Party represents your interests. Help protect your profession and your customers when a Call to Action is needed!
What is RPAC?
Since 1969, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-REALTOR® candidates across the United States. The purpose of RPAC is clear: voluntary contributions made by REALTORS® are used to help elect candidates who understand and support their interests. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of the importance of the political process. The REALTORS® Political Action Committee and other political fundraising are the keys to protecting and promoting the real estate industry.
REALTOR® members are encouraged to learn more about RPAC by logging into SARevents.org and visiting the RESOURCES tab