Why You Need a Realtor®
How is a REALTOR® different from someone who only has a Real Estate Sales License?
To become a real estate agent in New York, an individual must be licensed by New York State, either as an agent/salesperson or as a broker. Before licensing, minimum standards for education, examinations and experience must be met. After receiving a real estate license, most agents go on to join their local board or association of REALTORS® , their STATE and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, the world’s largest professional trade association.
Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are called REALTORS®. As REALTORS® subscribing to a strict code of ethics, we are expected to maintain a high level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate.
REALTORS® have the expertise, resources and dedication to guide you through a real estate transaction. We understand contracts, finances and the laws that apply to sales and purchases. We have the resources you’ll need to find just the right combination of location, amenities and price range. We have the skills and experience to handle negotiations and marketing of your property, including the final inspection and closing.
REALTORS® Pledge of Performance and Service: working with a REALTOR® ensures you that your transactions will be handled professionally. Which is why it makes sense to talk to an area Realtor® before you buy or sell.
Advantages to working with a REALTOR®
- Financing: REALTORS® can help determine how much home you can afford, explain different financing options, and refer you to the best-qualified lender.
- Selection: REALTORS® have the resources to investigate all available properties and provide objective information about each property regarding the community and other important issues.
- Negotiation: REALTORS® can advise you on the following factors: price, financing, terms, date of possession, repairs and furnishings.
- Inspection: REALTORS® can help provide enough time in the purchase agreement for inspections and investigations plus, advise you on which ones are required or recommended.
- Closing: Every area has its own unique closing or settlement customs. A local REALTOR® can help guide you through the process.
- Pricing: When selling property, REALTORS® can give you current market information to sell your property quickly at the best price and with minimum hassle.
- Marketing: A REALTOR® can recommend repairs to enhance the salability of your property and expose it to other agents, the public and cooperative marketing networks.
Search for a REALTOR®!